What we do
The Medical Scheme is a health care provision that is available to all serving and retired Leicestershire police officers and police staff. Cover can also be provided for a member’s spouse, partner, children and grandchildren. This additional cover then allows the partners, children, and grandchildren to be members in their own right.
The Scheme, provided in partnership with Healthcare providers, offers the benefits of private healthcare, immediate cover, self-referral physiotherapy, access to counselling and easy claim procedures. From as little as £21.20.
For full Scheme rules and rates click here
The Medical Scheme
The scheme in brief, provides:
- Private healthcare
- Swift access to treatment
- Generous claim allowances
- Immediate cover and Instant peace of mind
- Direct access to our Scheme Nurse
In addition, unlike other schemes, there are:
- No upper age limits
- Easy claim procedures
- No premium loadings based on health, lifestyle and claims history
- No shareholders, any yearly surplus is retained to keep prices to a minimum
What is covered?
- Access to a private hospital for consultations, tests and treatment
- Self referral Physiotherapy
- Self referral Counselling
- NHS cash benefits
All members are advised to read the full T&C’s
How to make a claim
For Leicestershire members you should,
Once your GP has carried out all preliminary investigations and has provided a referral letter, forward a copy to [email protected] (No GP referral is needed for physiotherapy)
Await authorisation from the Medical Scheme. The team will aim to authorise your treatment as quickly as possible and in line with the scheme rules.
Once authorisation has been obtained you will be provided with a claim reference and direct contact details for our Account Manager at Spire Leicester who will arrange an appointment for you
It is your responsibility to obtain authorisation for all treatment. Failure to do so may affect any claim.