What we do
The Medical Scheme is a health care provision that is available to all serving and retired Leicestershire police officers and police staff. Cover can also be provided for a member’s spouse, partner, children and grandchildren. This additional cover then allows the partners, children, and grandchildren to be members in their own right.
The Scheme, provided in partnership with Healthcare providers, offers the benefits of private healthcare, immediate cover, self-referral physiotherapy, access to counselling and easy claim procedures. From as little as £21.20.
For full Scheme rules and rates click here
The Medical Scheme
The scheme in brief, provides:
- Private healthcare, Counselling services, Swift access to treatment, Self-referral physiotherapy, Generous allowances, Immediate cover and Instant peace of mind.
In addition, unlike other schemes, there is no six-week wait and:
- No upper age limit, easy claim procedures, No waiting for paperwork before treatment.
- No cheap introductory rates and no shareholders, any yearly surplus is retained to keep prices to a minimum.
What is covered?
- Access to fast care in a private hospital. (Including consultations, tests and treatment)
- NHS cash benefits and direct access to the scheme nurse.
All members are advised to read the full T&C’s
How to make a claim
For Leicestershire members you should,
- Obtain referral from your GP.
- Once your GP has referred you to a specialist and carried out all the preliminary tests, you can contact the scheme directly either by ringing 0116 275 9930 or by sending an email to [email protected] No GP referral is needed for physiotherapy.
- A claim will then be commenced.
- The team will aim to authorise your treatment as quickly as possible and in line with the scheme rules. Once authorisation has been given you will be provided with a claim reference and the direct contact details for our account manager at Leicester Spire who will arrange an appointment for you.
It is your responsibility to obtain authorisation for all treatment. Failure to do so may affect any claim.